Monday, November 19, 2012

Don't Be Afraid To Ask

There was a guy in my indoor cycling class who was interested in doing yoga.  He admitted he wanted to try it but was intimidated by the poses he witnessed my students twisting themselves into when he watched part of the class one evening.  He asked if I might spend some time giving him a personal introduction to yoga.  I was more than happy to oblige and we worked together after our next cycle class.  I taught him the breathing techniques, warm-up pose flows and worked him through a number of poses that targeted some of his trouble areas and tight muscles.  He was grateful for my time and felt confident and comfortable enough to attend my next class.

I have a girlfriend that works for a company that has an office in Paris.  Visiting and possibly living in Paris was always a dream of hers. Instead of telling her boss that was her long term goal, she would make indirect comments or hint at wanting to live in Paris - never realizing her dream because she didn't speak up.

I took a girlfriend to a tropical island paradise for a major birthday milestone. Another friend lamented that I hadn't taken her anywhere.  "You never let me know you wanted to go anywhere!", I replied. 

Ask and you shall receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment