Sunday, April 11, 2010

Come On In and Join In On the Fun

My husband was having a poker game with the guys at the house so I had to escape and entertain myself for six hours. That is not hard to do. I rallied the ladies together for drinks, a movie and a trip to a country western bar called Big Texas. One of my friends was worried we might be too old for the place. To alleviate her concerns I asked the bouncer at the door if there was an upper age limit for the bar. He didn't look like he had passed his twenty first birthday yet. He smiled and said, "that is the first time I've ever heard that one". I am sure he has heard a lot of interesting things. I replied, "that is the first time I ever asked that one". He assured me that we were not old at all and invited us into the bar. It turned out to be a grand time. There was a live band, many great dancers that are always fun to watch two-stepping around the dance floor, and great challenges at the pool tables. Oh, and did I mention the cute cowboys?

Some people have the same attitude toward yoga class. They think - I am too old, I am not flexible, I will never be able to do that. The list goes on. I think they are missing out on a good time and on something that is good for them. I say - Don't hesitate at the door, come on in and join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment