Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wine a Little - You'll Feel Better

For the past few years I have attended the Yoga Journal Yoga Conference in San Francisco. It is a beautiful town filled with exciting things to do and the conference is always a delightful buffet of "All I Can Yoga" events and workshops. But my favorite part of the trip is hooking up with my sister to spend a day in the wine country. This last time we ended up at the Jacuzzi winery simply because the name reminded us of a lot of fun parties that ended up in a jacuzzi. It turns out the winery history connects back to the inventor of the Jacuzzi - (I knew I was going to like that place). I joined their wine club and received my first wine shipment today. As I opened the box and reviewed all the labels on the bottles I was reminded of that wonderful afternoon where my sister and I spent a few hours in wine heaven - sampling all sorts of white and red wines and the chocolates to go with them. A favorite was a chocolate shot glass that we were able to eat after shooting the wine. We were the only ones in the winery so we were given a great deal of attention - and extra samples - hence my joining the Jacuzzi wine club!

In yoga class, I encourage my students to gently use the wall, blocks and straps to assist them in getter deeper into a pose so that their body will remember where it is supposed to go in a pose. The next time they attempt that pose, their body might be able to take them to that place where the prop helped them get previously.

Like the wine shipment - the body and mind remember - and we enjoy the present moment or pose even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment