Monday, September 20, 2010

It's the Little Things In Life That Count the Most

One of the guys from my weight lifting class was working out with his friend a few weeks ago. They were running on the treadmill. He felt "funny" and funny enough to go to the doctor and get checked out. Fortunately for him, they discovered a problem with his heart through a stress test before a major disaster and were able to take care of it with surgery. I asked our weight class to contribute healthy snacks to put in a basket for our weight lifting friend and bring them to class today. His workout partner was taking the basket to him after class. The workout partner came up to me and told me that people were great and that this was such a nice thing and he was so appreciative. It was a little thing but it made a big impact and I was grateful to be a part of that event.

My husband is traveling and I called him to ask him a question this afternoon. He commented that the phone calls were non-stop since he got off the plane but he had to answer this one (mine) because it was the most important one. I laughed and told him I appreciated his joking - but I really think he was serious - could he have been? It was a little thing but it made a big impact and I was grateful to be a part of the event.

This evening in yoga class I moved about the room adjusting people and assisting them in making it deeper into poses.I helped one guy move deeper into a triangle pose. I helped him turn and then lean a little farther over and then I moved onto the next person. He came up to me after class with a big smile on his face, saying the class tonight was the best ever and thanked me. It was a little thing but it made a big impact and I was grateful to be a part of the event.

Go do little things. They will make big impacts and you will be grateful to be a part of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment