Saturday, September 11, 2010

Keep On Truckin'

I have had endless problems with my cell phone company as many of my friends well know. The latest episode involved a 40 minute telephone call to correct billing errors they made and a few trips to the store to exchange a phone that died - all in one day. After the call, I sat there on the verge of tears from the countless hours of frustration I racked up over the last six months and wondered - when is enough, enough? "Not until I get what I need!" I thought as I typed up a letter to the Chief Service Officer of the Company.

I admit, I am more persistent than most. I am always disappointed when I see new people leave the yoga room early in their first class. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. I wonder what I could have done differently to stop it. I am assured by the regulars that there wasn't anything I could have said or done differently. "Some people just give up more quickly than others", they say.

During class there are always people stopping, sitting down or laying down for a few minutes or more - finding a pose that works better for them at that moment. Some laugh as I demonstrate a pose with my hands on the floor and my feet in the air. I can hear their "no way" or the noises that tell me they are thinking "you have got to be kidding". But they stay. And they work through the poses and they rest when they need to and "no way" turns into "some day". And there they are - with their hands on the floor and their feet in the air.

Keep on truckin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment