Monday, January 28, 2013

It All Comes Together in the End

Sitting down to write a proposal for a client, the words seemed to flow effortlessly.  What the client envisioned for the event and the way in which I saw the event coming together to produce those results was so clear.  The project understanding, the scope of work, the plan, the take-aways and the details appeared on the screen as my fingers clicked away at the keyboard.  Part of me thought, "Wow, that was easy".  But I knew that it was more than a few hours at my desk that had produced the final program.  Several meetings with pointed questions revealed their needs and their expectations. Combining that with years of working in and with corporations at various levels, countless training classes and experimental exercises, research and my own learning efforts brought everything together.  It was a great feeling to envision what the planned events would produce for the client and their participants.  

In yoga, when we are able to finally perform a pose at a certain level above what we had been able to do before, we feel a great sense of accomplishment and others around us are often pleased with our success as well.  It can be as simple as touching our toes or as complicated as balancing on our forearms with our legs up in the air tied up into some sort of pretzel-like configuration.  But the truth is, a lot of stretching, trying, sweating, grunting, fear, and falling took place before that pose ever really made it to where it is today. 

It all comes together in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret,
    I joined your Sat 9am yoga class at 24hr gym this morning. I'm a regular at Korin's Thur morning class and attend yours on occasion. You mentioned your blog site so here I am.
    My Yoga success today was to get my feet off the ground in Crow pose. Just leaned into the left side, powered up my arms and hands and up went the toes. Actually this was the 1st time I had tried this. Thanks for leading us gradually to the end and today I got it. Makes me smile which is one great benefit of yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO proud of you Marge - like the tortoise and the hare - slow and steady wins the race! - or shall I say - slow and steady "gets the pose" since we are not in a yoga race :)

    ReplyDelete