Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Beach - It Isn't Hawaii but ...

I love to escape to the beach by myself and set up my lounge chair on the sand near the seawall. I usually take some reading materials, my Spanish book and a notepad and pen with great intentions of "getting a lot done" while I am there. In reality, those books rarely make it out of my bag. When they do, they end up open with my face planted on them as I doze off lulled by the sound of the crashing waves. I actually do a lot of thinking, and come up with some workable ideas so it is not that important that the pen does not actually touch the paper. Then, I flip over occasionally, and feebly try to stay awake again. I alternate my little cat naps with walks on the beach or wave surfing. The ride home with the sun setting tops off a fabulous day. I come home so relaxed and appreciative of the opportunity to visit my office in Galveston!

Some people nix Galveston because it isn't anywhere near as pretty as Hawaii. Oh, I agree with that. But there are some days when that water is such a pretty deep blue, there isn't a cloud in the sky and the temperature is just perfect, that the fact it isn't Hawaii doesn't enter my mind. I feel sorry for those people who won't even try it. They are missing a beautiful day at the beach.

Some of my yoga poses aren't anywhere near as pretty as those on the front cover of the Yoga Journal either. But I still like to go into my poses and see where they take me that day.

So, stop being so hard on yourself and the world - enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment