Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You Should Try It!

A friend mentioned to me that a local yoga studio was offering free classes all week as they transitioned to a new format. I managed to work a class into my schedule on the only day I was going to be in town during the offer. It was a wonderful opportunity to sit back and enjoy a yoga class from the perspective of a student. I left the studio relaxed and rejuvenated.

I passed the word on to my students that evening, inviting them to try something new with the added benefit of it being free. There were a variety of formats for them to choose from - even classes for the athlete or advanced person willing to give it a go for two hours straight! I look forward to the reports on their experiences next week.
  • How many of them will actually take advantage of the opportunity for something new?
  • When is the last time you tried something new?
Look for opportunities to try something new every day. It doesn't have to be something huge! It can be a simple as a new food. When someone invites you to try something new, consider it seriously. You just might discover a new passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment